Friday, April 24, 2009

my daughter the shoemaker

When she was here this morning I asked Chuy if she was planning to join dinner at Dago's tonight. She said no, that she was going to be in the jardin doing something having to do with shoes. I didn't catch it all but thought that I could check later to see what was up. It turns out the local ladies are taking a shoemaking class. The shoes, mainly sandals will later be sold in town. I found this out on an afternoon walk with our houseguests.

We strolled the beach, commenting on (a) the big waves and (b) the high water line on the sand. Some chairs and tables had to be pulled up closer to the puestos to keep them from washing away. In certain places the beach is already beginning to erode about 1 foot. We have see it with drop-offs of 6' to 8' after heavy rain and surging tides.

Dinner at Dago's tonight. Think I'll have shrimp. To hell with the cholesterol. I've only got one more Friday here after tonight and I intend to celebrate at both of them.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Interesting about those shoes!

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger DAK said...

Why do you only have two Fridays left? Where are you going? And why don't they make some stiletto heels?

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger The Fevered Brain said...

We are heading home to the US on May 6. And they DID have one pair of stilettos on the work bench. Mighty flimsy looking, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home