Wednesday, May 30, 2007

departure madness

All we are doing is going to Ojai for four days. You'd think we were departing for Cairo for a desert safari for six months! I don't know why there is such bustling and huffing, but it always seems to happen. I am packing a few tasteful items to wear to the Senior Banquet and to commencement, sandals and shorts for the beach in Santa Barbara. The Patient is packing the waffle iron, sourdough starter and all ingredients for waffles and coffee cake, boxes of cookies and crackers, good kitchen knife, bottle opener, coffee pot, iron (he didn't get his shirts done; don't you love a man who does his own ironing?) and on it goes. I didn't think there was any doubt about the Ojai-ese and the availability of food in their town, but maybe I missed that warning. And we are staying in an apartment. One would think they would have some of these amenities, wouldn't one? Of course I do travel with my own pillow . . .

Next bulletin: Ojai, 93023.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Hahahaha, aren't men a kick? I enjoyed this post. I LOVE that big ol' outdoor bookstore in Ojai ~ great poetry section. Have fun and write lots! We need many photos too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home