Thursday, July 26, 2007

POP! goes the tube

According to the Patient, the great removal went like this. The doc had him lie down on the table. He chatted amiably, put the Patient at ease, and suddenly just pulled the tube out, like the plug from a bathtub. It gave a little POP like the cork from a champagne bottle. Slapped on a bandage, shook hands and it was over. Took about 10 minutes. I am still trying to figure out how something that took surgery -- complete with anesthetic -- to get in can come out with a simple yank. We could have done this out by the pool and saved the co-pay! But it's out, the Patient feels fine and had a nice glass of 2005 $2 Chuck chard for dinner (the vintage that won the Gold Medal at a big competition) to celebrate. Not me, yet. I still have about 120 hours before I can enjoy my celebratory Salud! Fortunately about a third of the time I'll be asleep.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Hooray! Chuck Chard, very clever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home